Saturday, February 5, 2011

How do you talk to an extremist?

The problem I have is that I can't talk to these people because I really, really, really don't like them.  All they want to do is hurt others.  They really get off on that, and I can't fight back because that's not who I am.  I can say some cutting words, but I can't do to them what they would have absolutely no qualms doing to me, "for my own good," of course.

We are about caring for others, not being selfish, seeing the world as an interconnected whole, understanding in the depths of our being that we are all in this together, and loving other human beings, the animals and the plants we share the planet with, and upon whom we depend for life.

They are the rapists of the planet, the misers who hoard and won't share, the punishers who get off on hurting others.  They look like reasonably normal people, but they act like petty tyrants.  They don't accept logic, or facts, or caring as reasonable ways to approach civic life.  I do not like them, and I don't want to have anything to do with them.

And they are running my country and my state.

No comments:

Post a Comment